Health and Safety Awareness
Employers have a legal responsibility to provide key health and safety awareness information to all staff and to ensure they understand Health & Safety basics in the workplace. This 3 hour course will cover the required elements.
Who is the course suitable for?
All staff in the workplace
What you will learn
Attendees are introduced to many aspects of the Health & Safety at Work Act. The course is intended to help raise safety standards and by the end, delegates will know how to manage safety effectively.
- Causes of accidents and ill health
- Employee’s and Employer’s responsibilities
- Risk Assessments
- Manual Handling
- Reporting Injuries, Diseases & Dangerous Occurrences
- Provision & use of Workplace Equipment
- Display Screen Equipment
- First Aid
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations
- Fire Safety
- Electrical Safety
Assessment and Certification
This is a CIEH accredited course. Each successful participant will receive a nationally recognised certificate of competence from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
1 day (7 hours including breaks)
We work with each client separately so please contact for costs.
All costs are inclusive of onsite delivery, course materials and certification.