CIEH Level 2 Award Principles of Manual Handling
This Manual Handling Training course provides the opportunity to learn the principles of manual handling and appropriate manual handling techniques. Candidates are then able to put into practice the theory they have learned.
Who is the course suitable for?
This one day qualification will benefit anyone who has to carry out any manual handling activities at work.
What you will learn
Candidates will be introduced to the, hazards of manual handling, the risks involved, the controls that are available to help prevent injury and principles of safer handling.
Candidates will be able to understand
- That manual handling operations can be hazardous to health
- How manual handling operations can cause injury and harm
- The scope of legal requirements with regard to manual handling operations in the workplace
- The process for assessing risks from manual handling and the factors that need to be considered in a manual handling risk assessment
- The value of risk assessment and how it applies to safe manual handling practice
- The mechanics of movement; how to assess, plan, prepare and conduct manual handling operations
Assessment and Certification
Candidates will sit a multiple choice examination and a practical assessment. This is a CIEH accredited course. Each successful participant will receive a nationally recognised certificate of competence from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
One Day (7 hours including exam)
The training programme for the CIEH Level 2 Award in Manual Handling – Principles and Practice is divided into two parts:
Part 1 – Principles (am)
Part 2 – Practice (pm)
We work with each client separately so please contact for costs.
All costs are inclusive of onsite delivery, course materials and certification.